So it’s the time of the year that people talk about giving thanks, we don’t celebrate thanksgiving Day in Australia, it’s not part of our history, but there is something to be thankful for everyday.
Among those things, great books make their way onto my list of blessings every year. It’s hard to choose favorites and sometimes I have trouble remembering what I read when, but I went ahead and picked five books I read in 2016 or the end of 2015 and am thankful for.
- The Bible: Yes, not a knew book, and it’s an easy answer. But it’s true. This is the book I am forever thankful for. Without God’s guidance in my my life I would be so lost. It’s hard to even think about what I could be like if not for God’s grace.
- Finding the Core of Your Story, by Jordan Smith: Non fiction, but as an author I’m really grateful for this little book.
- Captive of Raven Castle, by Jessica Greyson: This book help me understand what it would be like to discover you’d been lied to all your life.
- Deny (also Dare), by Tricia Mingerink: A wonderful faith affirming book. Made me rethink my priorities and reminded me that the death of believers, isn’t a tragedy for them.
- Lady Dragon Tela Du, by Kendra E. Ardnek: I’m thankful for the friends ships I made while beta reading it. Especially my friendship wiht Kendra. Shes’s a great, encouraging author friend.
I don’t know about you, but I’m looking forward to another great year of reading!
Speaking of more reading, here’s one more thing to be grateful for. Books on sale! In honor of Thanksgiving and Black Friday, a group of independent Christian authors banded together to offer over seventy discounted books on Nov 25-28. There’s literally something for everyone. Every single book listed on Indie Christian Books is on sale in one or more ways. Find discounted paperbacks, dozens of books offered with free shipping, $0.99 ebooks, package deals and more. Even if you have a budget of $0, new reading material awaits you. Don’t know what to pick? The fearless Indie Christian Books team created a quiz that will generate a book list perfect for you! Check it out!
What awesome reads of 2016 are you grateful for? What books are you looking forward to reading in 2017?