My last post of the year. This year has been exciting. I started writing. I started a blog. I made friends with a bunch of really wonderful authors online. Thank you Hope Schmidt, Faith Blum, Kendra E. Ardnek, Rachel Steele, Shantelle Mary Hannu and others. I really appreciate your friendship and encouragement.
I went to my first youth camp and made a bunch of great acquaintances there. Our family started fellowship with a new church. That has been a great experience. We had to look deep into what we actually believe, which has made my faith grow.
And I was given lots of great Christmas presents. I got money to buy writing books, I’ve just got to decide which ones. Recommendations are welcome. Also I got new sandals, camping crockery, a file box, a pair of Dutch clog slippers, some brightly coloured socks, though they were actually a birthday present, and a nice little head lamp, in our gift swap. I took it from one of my cousins, but he got something just as good, so I didn’t spoil anything. It’s all part of the fun anyway. And I got two lovely new purple plastic cups. My previous one was over 10 year old and I was used to it but it’s nice to have a new one.
Writing goals for next year:
- Finish the first draft of The Weaver and the Brigand.
- Work on revising/rewriting it. That’s going to be a really big job.
- World-building for my second story.(and many more) It’ll be fun.
- Outline second story
- Writing second story, hopefully in time to:
- Outline sequel to Weaver and Brigand before November.
- Write that for NaNoWriMo
- Generally improve the quality and speed of my writing
- Write reviews for the books I read in 2015
- Finish my projects for LibriVox
- Find someone local who really needs a friend
- Be a better friend
- Find creative business skills
- Find some way to bless my community or neighbours.
- All the published Ilyon Chronicles, by Jaye L. Knight
- All the Makilien books, by Molly Evangeline
- All books by Kendra E. Ardnek, especially Water Princess, Fire Prince
- 4 Hymns of the West books, by Faith Blum
- Virtues and Valor, by Hallee Bridgeman
- The Five Unnecessaries, by Laura Campbell
- The Eyes of Everia series, by Serena Chase
- Annabeth’s War, by Jessica Greyson
- A Dream Not Imagined, Shantelle Mary Hannu
- Brothers and Betrayal, The Destiny of One, and Waltz into the Waves, by Sarah Holman
- Creighton Hill, by Morgan Elizabeth Huneke
- Dreamlander, K. M. Weiland
- The Forest at Edge series, by Trish Mercer
- By Darkness Hid and To Darkness Fled, by Jill Williamson